Sunday, February 3, 2008

This That & The Other

Well, Brian asked John and I permission to ask Dawn to marry him Friday night. After much talking and questioning we told him it was fine with us. It looks like we'll be having a wedding in a few months.
The first thing Dawn said after the conversation was "Mom, can you make me some cotton dishclothes and washclothes?" Today I sat around and crocheted her the first of several. It was a simple single crochet dishcloth.
We had a nice weekend, for the most part.
Amanda and a friend of hers went to the movies Saturday night and, of course we were their ride. While the kids were watching the movie John and I went out to dinner. It was nice and we got a chance to catch up with each other. After dinner we still had about an hour left to kill so we went to Michaels to look around. I found some very nice yarn and I bought 3 skeins. Moda Dea Tweedle Dee in Surf & Turf. I started knitting a shawl with it from a pattern that came on the yarn.
The big find of the night was 2 skeins of Lion Brand Lion Wool in Pearl Grey and 4 skeins in Autumn Sunset for $1.00 a skein. I have no idea what I'll be making out of it but I'm happy!
Well, I'm tired and ready for bed so that's where I'm off to.

No comments: