Monday, July 16, 2007

To My Daughter's

I want you both to know that you are a gift to me and I couldn't ask for better daughter's. It hasn't always been easy but it's always been fun.

You have brought such joy to my life. We have laughted, cried, lived, learned and loved together. I have tried to teach you both to be strong, confident, caring young women and that's what I see when I look at each of you. You respect yourselves and others, even when some don't deserve it. I'm proud of BOTH of you. You do not judge people until you KNOW them and what their lives are like. Then you still don't judge but rather decide if you want them as a part of your life. I am proud of you both. You are both very stubborn, hard headed and know what you want from life and other's. Neither of you will back down if you think you're right. This has lead to some interesting times in our house. It's a wonder I'm not as nutty as a loon! LOL! You have made some choices that I haven't always agreed with but you have learned from your mistakes and became better people for them. That's what life is about. You are both open-minded and honest, even when I don't want to know the truth. It has given me a few gray hairs but thank you for being honest with me.

Being your mother has taught me alot. There have been times when I didn't know what I was doing but looking at you now I know that I've done a good job so far. You are both wonderful people and I hope I could be just like you when I grow up. I just want you to know that I love the people that you have become.

No comments: