Monday, July 16, 2007

I Can't Lock You In A Closet......Can I?

It's the scariest thing that I've ever seen! You are the one that knows exactly what you want from life. You go in a straight line with no variations, single minded and sure. You make up your mind and it stays made up.

THEN..........you met..........HIM!

My daughter left and a crazy girl took her place. This is not the child that lived here a few months ago. Where did she go? WHAT THE HELL? All of a sudden you were confused, scared, mad, happy, heartbroke, insane, in love, pissed, hurt, weak, strong, full of hate, laughing, crying and every other emotion that exists. It has been like riding a roller coaster with you and this boy. "Please take me to see him" then "I don't want to talk to him or ever see him again" then "Please take me to see him"???? I have never seen you like this before and I'll admit it scares the heck out of me. I'm used to boys being around for a few days. I can handle boys with blue hair, earrings, attitudes, skaters, punks, goths, freaks, redneck, geeks, shy, funny, loud in every shape and size. They are easy because they eventually are gone, never to be heard from again. This boy looks like a normal teenage boy. He acts like a normal teenage boy. What makes him so different to you? Just when I think that things are settling down, it changes. On again, off again, on again, off again, on again.......................

Now, over the last couple of months, I have watched you battle yourself, deal with personal issues and grow as a person. I have seen a BIG change in you. You are a stronger young woman today than you were at the beginning of all of this. He is very lucky to have found someone strong enough to fight for what she believes in. Most teenage girls would have walked away without a fight. You are very lucky to have found a young man strong enough to tough it out. It's on again and this time it looks like it's staying that way. I hope so because I need a rest.

No comments: