Friday, August 24, 2007

Knitty Gritty Knits

PASSING IT ALONG:


Knitty Gritty Knits

It has come to my attention that DIY’s Knitty Gritty Knits (KGK), is filled with pattern errors. While it is common for knitting publications to have occasional errors, the number in the current printing of KGK is unacceptable. This is especially problematic since I am very aware that people rely on me, DIY and the publisher to deliver helpful and accurate information.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to anyone who has been inconvenienced due to these oversights, and to assure you that we’re working to fix all of the book’s problems. There will be a complete errata posted on both the Vickie Howell and the Sterling/Lark Publishing websites, as soon as they are produced by a technical editor. Updates will also be posted on my blog (http://vickiehowell.blogspot.com/).

I would also like to respond to specific questions that I have received regarding my involvement in creating Knitty Gritty Knits. I was simply hired to write the introduction, answer general questions during manuscript development, and provide feedback on laser pages. This truly was my first and last time lending my name to a project I didn’t have a large part in creating.

I appreciate your understanding and support in this matter.

Sincerely,
Vickie Howell
Vickie Howell, Inc.

1 comment:

LadyLinoleum said...

You know, unfortunately, the errors that seem to occur in current knitting and crochet publications is rampant. It's terrible actually, but deadlines are tight and tech editors, well, I think they must be swamped. Whatever the reason, it makes for frustrated knitters and crocheters. Especially new ones, I imagine!